What is micro needling?
Micro needling is called the “collagen induction therapy.” Needles puncture the skin boosting the collagen and elastin production. How it works is the needles penetrate at various lengths that your Esthetician will choose suiting your skin concerns. The needles penetrate the epidermis layer of your skin, keeping intact making micro injuries into the dermis layer of your skin where lays the collagen and elastin. The needles poke the collagen stimulating it to produce new and healthier collagen and elastin in your skin.
How do you know if you are a candidate for micro needling? Here are skin concerns that Micro needling helps improve:
- Can be performed on all Fitz Patrick skin types, it is blind to color.
- It’s great for filling in fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Mending together stretch marks
- Evening out skin tone
- Improving skin texture
- Minimizing enlarged pores
- Maintain beautiful, healthy skin
What to expect the Micro needling treatment to be like?
- The Esthetician will start by addressing your skin concerns and what you are hoping to achieve with Micro needling.
- Than your Esthetician will cleanse your skin and apply a topical numbing cream, 5% lidocane.
- After about 20 to 25 minutes the numbing cream will be removed and your skin will be cleansed again.
- Before starting the Micro needling the Esthetician will apply a human growth factor serum to your skin.
- A human growth factor is something that our bodies naturally produces and choose specifically to benefit your skin. The human growth factor gives the needles some slip to glide over your skin easily but is also needled in your skin to help give it an instant boost of hydration, plumpness, a tightening effect also aid in healing your skin.
- Your esthetician will make a “hashtag” motion all of the skin penetrating the needles and the human growth factors into the skin.
- After treating the treatment area the Esthetician will apply more human growth factor serum to your skin and also sunscreen.
Thinking of 12 needles poking your skin you’re probably thinking, ouch! No way. The topical numbing cream the Esthetician applied before we start treatment will keep you numb throughout your entire treatment making it almost painless, but very tolerable. The pen also has a vibration effect, and it’s said “apply vibration to the skin first it takes the pain away.” The “spiciest” areas to be treated are the forehead, lip and chin area, I always treat those areas first knowing you are the numbest at the very beginning of your treatment.
Post treatment instructions:
- You may have redness to your skin that will last up to 24 hours
- For the next 24 hours post treatment your skin is soaking in everything through the microscopic injuries we have caused to your skin.
- We recommend you stay away from occlusive creams and stick to serums.
- Be very complaint with your sunscreen so you are not reversing the work we have just done.
- Try to avoid makeup as best you can for the next 24 hours but if needed, wear mineral makeup.
- Your skin just received a manual exfoliation so it may feel dry and tight sort of like a sunburn feeling for the next couple of days, keep it hydrated.
- All in all just be gentle with your skin.
Products to use post treatment:
- Sente Daily Soothing Cleanser
- SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex
- SkinMedica HA5
- Sente Dermal Repair
- PCA Weightless Protection
If you loved you micro needling experience and are excited to see what results it has to offer you, we recommend you to get a series of 4 treatments, coming in every 4 to 6 weeks to get your optimal results. Micro needling is quick, easy, cost effective and awesome to do in conjunction with other treatments such as, Botox, fillers, chemical peels to receive you ultimate goal of beautiful skin.