Whether you were born with naturally thin lips or have lost lip volume over the course of time, the good news is Volbella may be the solution for you. With greater lifting power and longer results, this injectable has recently emerged as a truly effective lip filling solution. Juvederm Volbella is the newest member of the Juvederm family that has been specifically designed to produce natural, soft lip rejuvenation and contour.
Volbella is a hyaluronic acid (HA) lip filler that provides a desirable improvement in the lip contour, boosting volume, smoothing vertical creases (smoker's lines), and achieving symmetry – all in a single comfortable treatment. Juvederm Volbella lip injections are recommended for smoother, softer consistency that mimics the natural feel of your lips for a longer time.
Juvederm Volbella Lip Enhancement Treatment Benefits:
- Diminishes vertical lip lines (a.k.a. smoker's lines)
- Accentuates and contours lip borders
- Plumps up your lips to make them fuller
- Enhances the cupid's bow (the "M" part of your mid-upper lip)
- Plumps up marionette lines
- Treats the corners of the mouth that turn down and make you look like you're sad
How do Juvederm Volbella lip injections work?
Developed using Allergan's proprietary Vycross technology, JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® with lidocaine is formulated with an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight technology, which improves the cross-linking efficiency of HA chains. This more effective cross-linking allows for a lower concentration of HA to be used, which results in less swelling. The Vycross technology delivers an ultra-smooth gel, which results in a natural look and feel, as well as improved duration.
This unique technology allows the product to absorb less water, resulting in considerably reduced swelling compared to more traditional fillers. Not only is there less downtime, the treatment itself is made as pain free as possible by the built-in lidocaine anaesthetic. Results are commonly seen to last up to 9-12 months.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
Normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment. You will be provided with an ice pack to take home, which lessens the redness and swelling.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
The formulas now used for most fillers include a local anesthetic that helps minimize the discomfort patients may feel during the injections. Of course, some patients are more sensitive than others and may experience more discomfort. Most describe the feeling as a minor discomfort, like getting a shot.
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- To minimize the chance of any bruising, please avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and any other blood-thinning medications for up to a week before your injections.
- Let us know if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment.
Dermal fillers are very safe and effective, but there are some common side effects. These are mostly minor and diminish in a couple of days. Swelling and bruising may occur after filler injections. Infection is a more serious complication but rarely occurs.