Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) PRF is an autologous blood concentrate, 100% natural, free of additives and chemicals, and packed with powerful cells for skin rejuvenation purposes. Platelets and white blood cells are two important producers of growth factors that are essential for the rejuvenation process. The plasma, composed mostly of water and proteins also plays an important role in obtaining The Ultimate Blood Concentrate. Once removed from its natural environment, plasma coagulates and the fibrin scaffold starts to form. This network of proteins will keep the blood cells more active, allowing for longer, slower and more durable release of growth factors.
What’s the procedure like? Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Blood Draw A small sample of your blood collected in the EZPRF tubes.
- Centrifugation The EZPRF tubes are then spun in order to separate your red blood cells from everything else. The centrifugal force generated pushes the heavier red blood cells to the bottom of the tube.
- Collect Concentrate Once the centrifugation is complete, the top layer of the tube’s content is collected. This layer (approx. 10% of tube) is composed of your very own platelets and your own white blood cells.
The Ultimate Concentrate!
HOW DO WE OBTAIN MORE CELLS?
HIGH SPEED VS LOW SPEED
We’re only using about 1/10th of the volume collected. And because we’re spinning at a very low G-Force, the platelet recovery is very close to 100%!
Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) Treatment Benefits:
- Collagen production and improved elasticity
- Promotes tissue regeneration
- help make the skin heal at the cellular level
- Dark circles under eyes
- Sun damaged skin around the eyes
Prior to your treatment
- Facial surgeries/trauma within the last 8 weeks
- Have any active cold sore if treating the lip area (let your provider know so that they can pre-treat you with an anti-viral medication)
- Blood thinners such as any NSAIDs taken within a 2 weeks prior to treatment (blood thinners will interact with PRF platelet coagulation process and may affect the efficacy of your treatment as well as extend bruising severity. (i.e. Omega 3s, Fish Oil, Turmeric, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic Supplements & Aspirin)
- Important event (i.e. wedding, photo shoot) within 2 weeks after treatment
- Had any recent infection or have been taking any antibiotics within 2 weeks of treatment
- Hydration is key to obtaining enough quality PRF during your treatment and will obtain better treatment results for you. Drink at least 64oz of water throughout the day before your appointment as well as the day of your appointment & be sure to moisturize the injection area prior to your visit.
- Avoid the use of ice packs
- Avoid exfoliating face washes and products such as scrubs, serums, Clarisonic brush, retinol, or alpha beta hydroxy acids (glycolic, lactic, malic, salicylic acid) until the skin is fully healed. We advise to also avoid any at-home peels, microdermabrasion, extractions, lasers or other treatments for at least 2 weeks (it is best to speak to your provider with any questions regarding any other facial treatments you may have planned to see when it would be okay to resume these other procedures)
- You may experience some swelling. No massaging the area of treatment right after the treatment. Smoking is not recommended, no exercise for at least 3 days. Bruising, swelling, soreness is normal.
PRP Skin Rejuvenation treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.