Unlike alternative volume-enhancing dermal fillers, which utilize hyaluronic acid (HA) to produce their skin-smoothing effects, the active ingredient in Radiesse is a water-based gel carrier known as Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA), which increases the body’s natural production of collagen to firm and smooth the skin. Radiesse is used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and to correct volume loss in the cheeks and back of the hands. Over time, CaHA is safely metabolized by the body, leaving behind only the replenished collagen your body was able to stimulate with the help of CaHA, the active ingredient in Radiesse.
THE RADIESSE HAND LIFT:
One of the most tell-tale signs of aging is in the appearance of the hands. As we age, the hands lose the fatty layer of tissue located just under the skin. Prominent knuckles and tendons combined with large ropey veins are some of the visible signs of aging in the hands.
Radiesse is the only cosmetic filler that has been approved by the FDA for use in the hands. The injection immediately re-plumps and replenishes volume to the back of the hands to provide a supple and youthful appearance. The filler raises the skin level so that tendons, joints and veins lose their prominence.
- Results last 6-9 months on average.
- Treats moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Corrects volume loss in the cheeks and back of the hands.
- Contains an ingredient that stimulates collagen production.
- Immediate results that can continue to improve for three months.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- To minimize the chance of any bruising, please avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and any other blood-thinning medications for up to a week before your injections.
- Let us know if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Arnica tablets help to reduce bruising and swelling and should be taken before and after the treatment.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
The formulas now used for most fillers include a local anesthetic that helps minimize the discomfort patients may feel during the injections. Of course, some patients are more sensitive than others and may experience more discomfort. Most describe the feeling as a minor discomfort, like getting a shot.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment.
Dermal fillers are very safe and effective, but there are some common side effects. These are mostly minor and diminish in a couple of days. Swelling and bruising may occur after filler injections. Infection is a more serious complication but rarely occurs.
Radiesse treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations.
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.