The Candela Vbeam Laser is a pulsed dye laser, which delivers an intense burst of yellow light to the skin (wavelength 595 nm). This wavelength of light is absorbed by hemoglobin, which is in red blood cells. Because blood vessels are filled with red blood cells, laser light can be specifically absorbed in these areas, to diminish or fade the vessels, with minimal damage to surrounding tissue. The blood vessels are coagulated and reabsorbed by the body. The Vbeam Laser has a unique cooling device, which sprays a cooling mist onto the skin with each laser pulse, protecting top layer of the skin, and increasing comfort.
VBEAM LASER TREATS:
- Small, dilated blood vessels on the face, nose, cheeks and chin
- Benign blood vessel growths, also called angiomas
- Red birth marks
- Uneven pigmentation
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Vbeam Perfecta is most frequently used on the face, but is safe and effective for most other areas such as the neck, arms, hands, back, and chest.
RECOMMENDED NUMBER OF TREATMENTS:
A series of 3-5 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart are recommended for optimal results. Depending on the condition treated, additional treatments may be required. Results will depend on the condition that was treated. Most patients notice some improvement within the first 4 to 8 weeks as the redness in the targeted areas continue to fade.
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid sun exposure before the treatment for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Proper sun protection use of broad spectrum SPF 30+ is recommended daily before and after your treatment.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
At the laser appointment, your eyes will be protected with special goggles. The laser beam is aimed at the skin. You will feel multiple “zaps” which may feel like rubber band snaps. The mist may also be sprayed onto the skin. Most of our patients tolerate this without any problems. Depending upon the number of areas affected, treatment time can take between 10-30 minutes
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- For 3 to 5 days after treatment, treated areas will probably look pink, red, or darkened, and may be mildly swollen. You can minimize these side effects by applying ice packs or cold compresses as directed for the first 24 to 48 hours following treatment.
- You may apply makeup the day after your Vbeam treatment if desired. It’s important to avoid sun exposure and wear a 30+ SPF sunscreen consistently while treated areas heal.
VBeam Perfecta treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue, WA locations.
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.