When we are young, we have a defined jaw line with smooth contours, and our cheeks and upper face are full of volume. With age, it is normal for the face to lose bone mass and volume, which allows for hollows to appear in the skin, in addition to sagging skin. Loss of volume in the cheeks can cause a significant decrease in the definition of the face as well as the overall change in the shape of your face. Juvederm Voluma effectively treats these common age-related concerns with results lasting up to two years.
Juvederm Voluma is the first and only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid cosmetic filler developed for non-surgical cheek augmentation. Juvederm Voluma lifts and sculpts the face to restore volume that is lost from aging. Voluma uses a new advanced technology from Allergan which is called Vycross that results in a smooth gel that flows easily and consistently and which can be nicely sculpted. This special cross-linking technology not only produces the lift and fill that is unique to Voluma, but it also contributes to its long-lasting nature.
Voluma’s ability to lift skin distant from where it is injected in the cheeks often reduces or may even eliminate the need for filling other lines and wrinkles – or at least decrease the amount of filler needed on other areas of the face.
JUVEDERM VOLUMA BENEFITS:
- Restores facial volume lost from aging
- Can be used for effective chin and jawline definition
- May decreases the amount of filler needed in lower face correction
- Lifts and sculpts the face for a more youthful profile and higher cheekbones
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- To minimize the chance of any bruising, please avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and any other blood-thinning medications for up to a week before your injections.
- Let us know if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Arnica tablets help to reduce bruising and swelling and should be taken before and after the treatment.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
The formulas now used for most fillers include a local anesthetic that helps minimize the discomfort patients may feel during the injections. Of course, some patients are more sensitive than others and may experience more discomfort. Most describe the feeling as a minor discomfort, like getting a shot.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment.
Dermal fillers are very safe and effective, but there are some common side effects. These are mostly minor and diminish in a couple of days. Swelling and bruising may occur after filler injections. Infection is a more serious complication but rarely occurs.
Juvederm Voluma treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations.
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.