Our lips begin to droop and become thin as we age. Candidates for lip injections are those patients who have lost volume in their lips due to aging, or patients born with thin lips who would prefer to add more volume. The fullness of once voluptuous lips begin to retreat and thin away from the red border. The desire for attractive lips becomes a reality with lip injections. Losing that definable lip border does not have to be the end of a youthful look. Aged lips have a second chance to feel, and look young and beautiful again.
JUVEDERM VOLBELLA LIP ENHACEMENT
Juvederm Volbella is the newest member of the Juvederm family that has been specifically designed to produce natural, soft lip rejuvenation and contour. Volbella is a hyaluronic acid (HA) lip filler that provides a desirable improvement in the lip contour, boosting volume, smoothing vertical creases (smoker's lines), and achieving symmetry – all in a single comfortable treatment. Juvederm Volbella lip injections are recommended for smoother, softer consistency that mimics the natural feel of your lips for a longer time.
Juvederm Volbella Lip Enhancement Treatment Benefits:
- Diminishes vertical lip lines (a.k.a. smoker's lines)
- Accentuates and contours lip borders
- Subtle plump to the lips to make them fuller
- Enhances the cupid's bow (the "M" part of your mid-upper lip)
- Plumps up marionette lines
- Treats the corners of the mouth
JUVEDERM XC LIP ENHANCEMENT
Juvederm XC has larger HA molecules than Juvederm Volbella and therefore offers more fullness to the lips. The product works by adding volume and attracting water which plumps the lips, decreases lip lines, and results in a more youthful and attractive appearance. In other words, Juvéderm helps to replace the muscle and fat lost with age, or volumizes genetically thin lips. Expect to enjoy the fullness of your lips from 6-9 months to one year after your lip injection. Some people metabolize the product faster than others. It’s difficult to predict the duration of results for each patient, but satisfaction for this lip enhancement procedure is extremely high.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- To minimize the chance of any bruising, please avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and any other blood-thinning medications for up to a week before your injections.
- Let us know if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Arnica tablets help to reduce bruising and swelling and should be taken before and after the treatment.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
The formulas now used for most fillers include a local anesthetic that helps minimize the discomfort patients may feel during the injections. Of course, some patients are more sensitive than others and may experience more discomfort. Most describe the feeling as a minor discomfort, like getting a shot.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment.
Dermal fillers are very safe and effective, but there are some common side effects. These are mostly minor and diminish in a couple of days. Swelling and bruising may occur after filler injections. Infection is a more serious complication but rarely occurs.
Juvederm Lip Enhancement treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations.
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.