Kybella is the first FDA-approved, injectable drug used to reduce the appearance of submental fat, more commonly known as a double chin. As a result of weight fluctuations, the aging process, or genetics, it is common to accumulate extra fat in this area, leading to a double chin. This extra fat is difficult to target with diet and exercise, but Kybella can help.
Comprised of deoxycholic acid, Kybella is a fast, easy treatment that is injected with a fine needle into the fatty tissue under the chin. Deoxycholic acid is found naturally in the body. Its main function is to help break down and absorb fat. When used in Kybella treatments, deoxycholic acid permanently destroys fat cells and disables them from accumulating or storing fat in the future. Most patients see visible results in 2-4 treatments.
- Permanently destroys fat cells and disables them from coming back.
- Reduces fat pockets that are difficult to treat with diet and exercise.
- A nonsurgical solution that requires no downtime or recovery.
- Ingredients that are found in the body, reducing the risk of adverse reaction.
RECOMMENDED NUMBER OF TREATMENTS:
Most patients see visible results in 2-4 treatments. An average of 2-3 Kybella vials are done per treatment.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- Check with your service provider if you are taking blood thinners before considering a Kybella treatment.
- Caution should also be used if you’ve had prior surgery in the treatment area.
- If you have an active infection at the injection site, you must wait until it clears.
- Anyone who is pregnant or nursing is ineligible for the procedure.
- Those with a history of dysphagia (trouble swallowing) are not suitable candidates for Kybella.
- Swelling and numbness in the treated area as well as some bruising and redness is commonly experienced after Kybella treatments.
- There is a risk of tissue or nerve damage caused by the injections. This could cause facial muscle weakness or an off-balance smile. When the treatment is performed by a licensed professional; however, these risks are minimal.
Kybella treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.