The laser hair removal technology creates a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deep into skin tissue where it delivers a controlled amount of therapeutic heat directed only at the hair root. Candela’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™) technology protects the upper layers of your skin with a cooling burst of cryogen so the surface of your skin is not affected by the laser treatment. Together, the long-pulse laser and DCD cooling offer optimal treatment with minimal side effects.
Candela Lasers are the premier lasers for hair removal providing permanent hair reduction even for darker skin tones with the Gentle Lase and GentleYag models.
RECOMMENDED NUMBER OF TREATMENTS:
For best results, we recommended a series of 5 treatments spaced 4-8 weeks apart depending on the area. Darker skin tones will most likely require more than 5 treatments for best results.
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- Shave the treatment area.
- Avoid sun exposure before and during any stages of the treatment for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- No waxing or tweezing for a minimum of 2 weeks.
DURING THE TREATMENT:
Most clients describe the treatments as feeling as though the area feels moderately warm and the feeling of a rubber band making contact with the skin. Topical numbing cream is available for purchase for additional comfort during the treatment.
AFTER THE TREATMENT:
- Avoid sun exposure before and after treatment, and should apply sunblock when going outdoors.
- In the first few days after treatment, don’t scrub or use abrasive cleansers on treated areas.
- The treated area may be pink or red, with little bumps or swelling around the hair follicle. This usually dissipates on its own after a few hours or within 2 days.
- Over-the-counter hydrocortisone is helpful to reduce any irritation you might have. Ice compresses may be applied and ibuprofen taken if needed.
- For the first 2-3 weeks after your session you will notice hair growth in the treatment area. This is the hair that was treated growing out and shedding.
- You may shave as usual, but do not pluck or wax the area. This will fall out on its own typically within 3 weeks after each session.
Laser Hair Removal treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations.
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.