What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that affects approximately 5% of Americans. Rosacea primarily is focused on redness in the cheeks, nose, chin and or forehead. There are many forms of Rosacea from mild to serve and can be seen in many different stages.
Signs of Rosacea
- Mild Rosacea: May notice large pores, oily skin, mild pinkness to T-zone areas, occasional blushing, and little red bumps.
- Moderate to severe redness includes inflammation, cystic acne lesions, oily skin, and textural changes and even scarring.
- Visible Blood Vessels: In many people with rosacea, small blood vessels become visible on the skin such as broken capillaries.
- Flushing: Many people with rosacea have a history of frequent blushing or flushing. This facial redness may come and go, and is often the earliest sign of the disorder.
- Persistent Redness: Persistent facial redness is the most common individual sign of rosacea, and may resemble a blush or sunburn that does not go away.
- Acne: Small red solid bumps or pus-filled pimples often develop. Acne with Rosacea is very common and most likely this client has very sensitive skin.
Who is at the greatest risk of getting Rosacea?
- Although rosacea can affect all segments of the population, individuals with fair skin who tend to flush or blush easily are believed to be at greatest risk.
- Rosacea is more frequently diagnosed in women, but more severe symptoms tend to be seen in men.
Treatments for Rosacea at Northwest Aesthetics
While there is unfortunately no cure for rosacea, the team at Northwest Aesthetics is committed to helping you manage the symptoms, allowing you to live a life free from the burden of redness.
- Vbeam Perfecta Laser: Vbeam Perfecta is the best treatment for redness and flushing associated with rosacea. This technology is also highly effective in treating the red lines (telangiectasia) that appear when the tiny blood vessels under the skin become enlarged. In addition, VBeam treatments can also improve the acne-like pimples associated with redness.
- Laser Genesis: Yag Laser Genesis laser treatment restores skin’s youthful glow and appearance smoothing out uneven texture, reducing pore size diffusing skin redness.