What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that affects approximately 5% of Americans. Rosacea primarily is focused on redness in the cheeks, nose, chin and or forehead. There are many forms of Rosacea from mild to serve and can be seen in many different stages.
Signs of Rosacea
- Mild Rosacea: May notice large pores, oily skin, mild pinkness to T-zone areas, occasional blushing, and little red bumps.
- Moderate to severe redness includes inflammation, cystic acne lesions, oily skin, and textural changes and even scarring.
- Visible Blood Vessels: In many people with Rosacea, small blood vessels become visible on the skin such as broken capillaries.
- Flushing: Many people with Rosacea have a history of frequent blushing or flushing. This facial redness may come and go, and is often the earliest sign of the disorder.
- Persistent Redness: Persistent facial redness is the most common individual sign of Rosacea, and may resemble a blush or sunburn that does not go away.
- Acne: Small red solid bumps or pus-filled pimples often develop. Acne with Rosacea is very common and most likely this client has very sensitive skin.
Who is at the greatest risk of getting Rosacea?
- Although Rosacea can affect all segments of the population, individuals with fair skin who tend to flush or blush easily are believed to be at greater risk.
- Rosacea is more frequently diagnosed in women, but more severe symptoms tend to be seen in men.
Treatments for Rosacea at Northwest Aesthetics
While there is unfortunately no cure for Rosacea, the team at Northwest Aesthetics is committed to helping you manage the symptoms, allowing you to live a life free from the burden of redness.
- Vbeam Perfecta Laser: Vbeam Perfecta is the best treatment for redness and flushing associated with Rosacea. This technology is also highly effective in treating the red lines (telangiectasia) that appear when the tiny blood vessels under the skin become enlarged. In addition, VBeam treatments can also improve the acne-like pimples associated with redness.
[easymedia-gallery med=”4021″ size=”175,150″]
- Laser Genesis: Yag Laser Genesis laser treatment restores the skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven texture, reducing pore size and diffusing skin redness.
[easymedia-gallery med=”4013″ size=”175,150″]
VBeam perfecta laser and Laser Genesis treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue, WA location
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.