What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that’s estimated to effect 16 million people in the United States alone. Rosacea primarily is focused on redness in the cheeks, nose, chin and or forehead. There are many forms of Rosacea from mild to serve and can be seen in many different stages.
Although the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, you may be more susceptible to rosacea if:
- You are fair-skinned
- You blush easily
- You are female
- You have a family history of rosacea
- You are between the ages of 30 and 50
Signs of Rosacea
- Mild Rosacea: May notice large pores, oily skin, mild pinkness to T-zone areas, occasional blushing, and little red bumps.
- Moderate to severe redness includes inflammation, cystic acne lesions, oily skin, and textural changes and even scarring.
- Visible Blood Vessels: In many people with rosacea, small blood vessels become visible on the skin such as broken capillaries.
- Flushing: Many people with rosacea have a history of frequent blushing or flushing. This facial redness may come and go, and is often the earliest sign of the disorder.
- Persistent Redness: Persistent facial redness is the most common individual sign of rosacea, and may resemble a blush or sunburn that does not go away.
- Acne: Small red solid bumps or pus-filled pimples often develop. Acne with Rosacea is very common and most likely this client has very sensitive skin.
Treatments for Rosacea at Northwest Aesthetics
While there is unfortunately no cure for rosacea, the team at Northwest Aesthetics is committed to helping you manage the symptoms, allowing you to live a life free from the burden of redness.
- Vbeam Perfecta Laser Treatment: Vbeam Perfecta is the best treatment for redness and flushing associated with rosacea. This technology is also highly effective in treating the red lines (telangiectasia) that appear when the tiny blood vessels under the skin become enlarged. In addition, VBeam treatments can also improve the acne-like pimples associated with redness.
Click on Image to Enlarge
- Laser Genesis Laser Treatment: Yag Laser Genesis laser treatment restores skin’s youthful glow and appearance smoothing out uneven texture, reducing pore size diffusing skin redness.
Click on Image to Enlarge
Skin Care Products for Rosacea
IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum: Thanks to the ingredients like olive leaf extract, kojic acid and vitamin E, this “healing” serum helps to reduce redness and inflammation associated with cystic acne, rosacea, bug bites and post treatment.
SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex: Recovery Complex utilizes growth factors to visibly smooth, tone and firm skin. The Tissue Nutrient System (TNS) features naturally occurring proteins that repair blood vessels, reduce inflammation, encourage cell growth and cast a healthy, youthful glow on your skin.
If you’re in doubt or whether you have rosacea or if you’re ready to take the next step in addressing your rosacea concerns, we encourage you to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced service providers.