Chemical peels are a rapid, easy way for patients to regenerate a healthy layer of skin on their face. They work by gently removing the outer layers of the skin, along with any blemishes that exist in those outer layers, such as skin pigmentation or fine lines. Chemical peels use a chemical solution that is applied to the face. Overall, chemical peels bring a healthy glow to the skin while reducing the appearance of blemishes. While chemical peels are usually done in the face, they can also improve skin on the neck and hands.
Chemical peels can treat the following conditions:
- Acne scars
- Surface lines and wrinkles
- Skin discoloration
- Rough or scaly skin
- Sun-damaged skin
The VI Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. This peel improves the tone, texture and clarity of the skin. It reduces or eliminates age spots, treats hyperpigmentation (including melasma), and softens lines and wrinkles. The VI Peel is an excellent choice to address acne and reduce or eliminate acne scars, while stimulating the production of collagen, for healthier, firmer, more youthful skin.
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) TCA provides excellent exfoliation properties while stimulating collagen production to repair the skin.
- Retinoic acid Vitamin A promotes collagen and elastin production, helps to increase water levels within the epidermis, normalizes cell turnover and is a melanogenesis inhibitor.
- Salicylic acid An effective anti-acne ingredient working as a keratolytic, clearing out dead cells blocking the hair follicle that cause impactions.
- Phenol Has the ability to trap free radicals, works as a chemical cauterant to exfoliate the skin.
- L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) An anti-oxidant, photo protectant, stimulates collagen production, brightens the skin, and suppresses melanogenesis.
VI PEEL PRECISION
Peel For More Advanced Aging Skin
VI Peel Precision is made from the same synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel, but at a higher concentration for a treatment that is 25% stronger.
VI PEEL PRECISION PLUS
VI Peel Precision Plus is one of the latest break-troughs for age-defying, radiant skin. The Precision Plus is a powerful booster and pad system developed specifically to treat stubborn melasma and pigmentation. This booster is added to the VI Peel TM, creating the ultimate treatment choice for dramatic results.
VI PURIFY & VI PURIFY PRECISION PLUS
(also known as VI Acne Peel)
VI Purify Peel & VI Purify Precision Plus are the most effective acne treatment peels available today. It contains our original peel formula plus the power of benzoyl peroxide for superior, consistent results. VI Peel Acne is a targeted solution to purify blemish prone skin and reduce the PIH that acne leaves behind.
In addition to the VI Peel Acne, the Precision Plus provides an added benefit of effective treatment of acne scarring.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid self-tanner, tanning and sun exposure for two weeks prior to a chemical peel treatment.
- Avoid the following treatments for one week: Electrolysis, Waxing, Depilatory Creams, Laser Hair Removal
- Avoid the following products for one week: Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac and any products containing, AHA/BHA, or benzoyl peroxide.
DURING THE TREATMENT:
Chemical peel treatments may vary dependent on the type of chemical peel chosen. Skin is prepped using a medical degreaser to ensure the treated area is free of any oils left on the skin. The chemical agent is then applied and typically remains on the skin for 3 to 5 minutes. Most patients feel warmth and mild stinging which is temporary and usually subsides after a few minutes. Some peels are designed to self-neutralize and may remain on your skin for 2-4 hours. The peel takes 15-20 minutes per area to complete.
AFTER THE TREATMENT:
Specific after care instructions will be given at time of the service.
VI Peel treatments are available at Northwest Aesthetics Bellevue and Kent, WA locations
DISCLAIMER: It is the mission of Northwest Aesthetics to provide our clients with the very best results-oriented services, skin care products and information available. Individual results may vary. Factors such as age, skin type, current or past medical conditions and other factors contribute to the success of treatment outcomes. We will assess all relevant information during your consultation and explain treatment outcomes and factors as they relate to your individual skin care goals. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to the information, graphics and photos available on our website. Please contact us should you have any questions. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not access our website.